CAP Agency helps qualified individuals and families prevent eviction through financial assistance (including rental assistance and energy assistance), and helps people experiencing homelessness navigate the process of applying for and securing housing.

Scott/Carver Family Homeless Prevention Assistance Program (FHPAP)

  • Helps with damage deposits or first month’s rent for eligible individuals
  • Provides resources for housing search
  • Assists with current rent


To qualify according to HUD, you must meet one of the following criteria:

  • Be fleeing domestic violence
  • Have left an institution within the past 90 days
  • Be staying in a place not meant for habitation
  • Be staying in a shelter paid by a voucher
  • Monthly net income that is at or below 200% of federal poverty guideline

To apply:

All applicants must call 211 to be prescreened for our housing assistance.

Scott & Carver Temporary Shelter

If you are a family experiencing homelessness, shelter is available through Families Moving Forward. Please call 952-230-2930.


Translate »