We are excited to announce that CAP Agency is the recipient of a competitive grant award from the Greater Twin Cities United Way (GTCUW)! As a grantee, we are one of 89 award recipients across GTCUW’s portfolio areas, with 182 applications submitted in total.
With this grant, GTCUW makes a three-year commitment to fund organizations. The first year of funding to CAP is $100,000 (years 2 and 3 are dependent on GTCUW fundraising each year). The grant is unrestricted, general operating funds, meaning that CAP gets decide the best way to use the funds in our community to further our anti-poverty mission. We will report on Food Security outcomes related to our Food and Nutrition programming; specifically, how our services provide and connect participants to supportive services in addition to core programming that contributes to long-term stability.
This funding makes it possible for the organization to focus on sustaining Food and Nutrition’s growing operations. This year alone, we have:
- Expanded food distributions to a new city (Norwood Young America).
- Increased frequency of food distributions for Canterbury Park migrant workers.
- Developed a partnership with Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community (SMSC) to establish a new mobile food shelf site in Prior Lake.
- Expand operations by moving to a new Food Shelf site in late 2021.
CAP was selected as an award recipient for:
- Our demonstrated ability to adapt work and services to community needs, making intentional decisions to make programming more accessible through food pop-ups and targeted outreach.
- Making strides towards greater Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in our programming and organization – internally among our staff and leadership, and externally with clients and community partners.
- Strong evaluation techniques that keep CAP staff informed about client needs.